TOKYO - DENSO Corporation today announced senior management and organizational changes, which were voted upon at today's shareholders meeting. Senior management changes are effective today, while organizational changes will be effective July 1.
New directors appointed to the Board were:
- Minoru Ohta (General Manger, Engine Control Components Product Division)
- Kazuo Hironaka (General Manager, Toyota Sales Department)
- Sojiro Tsuchiya (General Manager, Body Electronics Components Product Division)
- Hikaru Sugi (General Manager, Air-conditioning R&D Department 1)
- Takeshige Tabuchi (Vice President, DENSO Manufacturing Tennessee, Inc.)
Board of Director promotions included:
- Takao Inukai, Executive Vice President (Senior Managing Director)
- Norio Omori, Executive Vice President (Senor Managing Director)
- Hiroshi Uchiyama, Senior Managing Director (Managing Director)
- Kazuo Matsumoto, Senior Managing Director (Managing Director)
- Isao Maekawa, Senior Managing Director (Managing Director)
- Koichi Fukaya, Senior Managing Director (Managing Director)
- Satoshi Watanabe, Managing Director (Director)
- Susumu Harada, Managing Director (Director)
Shareholders also approved merging the Environmental Systems Product Division with the Air-conditioning Product Division, effective July 1. DENSO expects that the merger will foster technical synergy and use resources more effectively.
DENSO Corporation, a global supplier of advanced automotive technology, systems and components, employs 87,000 people in 30 countries and regions. Consolidated sales for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2002 totaled 2,401.1 billion yen (US$ 18.1 billion). DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya stock exchanges in Japan.
Note: Former titles are listed in between the parentheses.